Journal from July, 2021
• I’m gifted and can’t lose my gifts.
• I’m physically beautiful, period.
• I’m worthy because I’m human – full stop.
• When I’m being hard on myself, I need to cease and desist and start describing myself as a friend. I must be NICE to her!
• Leaves on a Stream for 5-10 minutes.
• Breathe in colors and textures and life and breathe out rapacious, enveloping darkness.
• Engage by: how my body feels, what I hear around me, what I see around me. Focusing on the here and now and what’s in front of me.
• Practice mindfully doing things: I must do things I don’t like in a mindful way, do things I DO like in a mindful way (focus without “psychological smog” hijacking my mind and leeching my life of color), and practice doing everyday tasks mindfully.
Please don’t think I’m vain, you guys! I’d hate to think anyone thought that. This is my therapy I give to myself. I thought perhaps my notes from – and individual additions to – a few tricks I learned from Audible’s “Confidence Gap” book might make you feel better, too❣️